The Home windows Settings window is crucial built-in Home windows 11 app alongside File Explorer. It features a multitude of system upkeep, customization, community, app, system, and troubleshooting choices for Home windows PCs. Thus, Settings is likely one of the apps you may’t do with out.
It’s higher to arrange shortcuts for Settings pages you frequently open. You then gained’t must rummage by Settings each time you might want to entry sure choices. That is how one can arrange Home windows 11 desktop, hotkey, and context menu shortcuts for Settings pages.
Easy methods to Set Up Desktop Shortcuts For Settings Pages
You’ll be able to add a Settings Web page shortcut to your desktop with the ms-settings URIs listed inside the developer Documentation tab on Microsoft’s web site. That webpage features a plethora of URIs for opening Settings pages. These are just a few Settings web page URIs listed there:
- ms-settings: Opens the Settings homepage.
- ms-settings:personalization-background: The URI for opening Home windows background settings.
- ms-settings:themes: A URI that opens the theme choices in Settings.
- ms-settings:appsfeatures: This URI opens the Apps & options tab in Settings.
- ms-settings:defaultapps: Opens the Settings web page that features default app choices.
- ms-settings:easeofaccess-display: A URI that brings up the show choices in Settings.
- ms-settings:windowsupdate: Brings up the Home windows Replace tab in Settings.
- ms-settings:about: Opens the About PC specification web page.
You’ll be able to assign these URIs, and others, to desktop shortcuts. If you achieve this, you’ll be capable to entry their Settings pages instantly out of your desktop. For instance, that is how one can arrange a desktop shortcut that opens the Settings coloration web page in Home windows 11.
- Proper-click an empty space on the desktop to pick out New.
- Click on Shortcut to carry up the Create Shortcut window.
- Sort ms-settings:colours within the location field, and choose the Subsequent possibility.
- Enter Shade Settings within the identify textual content field.
- Click on End to create the Shade Settings desktop shortcut.
- Now double-click the Shade Settings desktop shortcut to open the Settings web page proven instantly beneath.
You’ll be able to arrange a desktop shortcut with another Settings web page URI a lot the identical. Take a look at Microsoft’s “How to launch the Settings” app page to discover a URI for a shortcut. Then enter that URI within the Create Shortcut window’s location field, and enter a title for it.
Easy methods to Set Up Hotkey Shortcuts for Settings Pages
If you’ve established a desktop shortcut for a Settings web page, you can also make a hotkey out of it. Then that Settings web page can be accessible on the press of a key mixture. Comply with these steps to offer your Settings web page shortcut a hotkey.
- Add a Settings web page shortcut to the desktop as lined within the previous methodology.
- Proper-click the Settings web page desktop shortcut to pick out a Properties possibility.
- Click on contained in the Shortcut key field on the Internet Doc tab.
- Press S (or one other key) to arrange a Ctrl + Alt hotkey.
- Choose the Apply possibility to save lots of the hotkey.
- Click on OK to exit the shortcut properties window.
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + S keyboard shortcut to carry up its Settings web page.
The desktop context menu (for the precise mouse button) is one other good place so as to add shortcuts. You’ve obtained to delve into the registry and add new keys there to set them up. But, it’s easy to arrange context menu shortcuts for Settings pages. That is how one can add an Apps & options Settings shortcut to the desktop’s right-click menu.
- Press the Begin button on the taskbar.
- Click on the Sort right here to go looking field on the prime of the Begin menu, and enter the key phrase Registry Editor.
- Then choose the Registry Editor’s Run as administrator possibility inside the search device.
- Navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryBackgroundshell registry key location.
- Proper-click the Shell key to pick out a New possibility.
- Choose Key on the submenu.
- Sort Apps & options for the brand new key’s identify.
- Proper-click the Apps & options key you simply added to pick out New > Key.
- Enter command inside the title textual content field for the important thing.
- Choose the command key, and double-click its (Default) string.
- Enter C:Windowsexplorer.exe ms-settings:appsfeatures within the Worth information field as proven instantly beneath.
- Click on OK to save lots of the brand new string worth.
- Shut the Registry Editor’s window.
Now check out the brand new Apps & options context menu shortcut. Proper-click an area in your desktop wallpaper and choose Present extra choices. Click on the Apps & options possibility on the basic menu to carry up that Settings web page.
You’ll be able to add context menu shortcuts for different Settings pages in the identical method. Enter the C:Windowsexplorer.exe <URI> for the Settings web page within the Knowledge worth field for the command key’s Default string. Enter one thing completely different to Apps & options for the first key’s title to alter the choice’s textual content on the context menu.
To delete the Settings web page choices on the context menu, open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryBackgroundshell within the Registry Editor. Proper-click a Settings web page key you added and choose Delete.
Easy methods to Set Up Settings Web page Shortcuts With Winaero Tweaker
Winaero Tweaker is a terrific freeware customization equipment for Home windows 11. With that software program, you may add a Settings submenu to the desktop context menu with out modifying the registry your self. To take action, observe these steps.
- Open the Winaero Tweaker homepage, and click on the Obtain possibility there.
- Launch File Explorer (press the Home windows + E hotkey), and open the folder that features the downloaded Winaero ZIP file.
- Double-click the Winaero Tweaker ZIP, and click on the Extract all possibility.
- Choose the Present extracted recordsdata when full checkbox.
- Click on Extract to open an extracted Winaero Tweaker folder.
- Double-click WinaeroTweaker-22.214.171.124-setup.exe to open the installer’s window. Undergo the setup wizard’s steps to put in the software program.
- Open the Winaero Tweaker window.
- Double-click the Context Menu class.
- Choose Settings on the window.
- Click on the Add Settings to Desktop context menu checkbox to pick out that possibility.
You could find the brand new Settings submenu by right-clicking the desktop and choosing Present extra choices. Choose Settings to open the submenu proven instantly beneath. That submenu contains shortcuts for all the first Settings web page tabs. Click on a tab there to open its web page.
Winaero Tweaker additionally features a Settings Web page Shortcuts possibility. That possibility lets you add Settings web page shortcuts to the desktop. Double-click the Shortcuts class and choose Settings Web page Shortcuts on the left of Winaero Tweaker. Then choose a checkbox for a Settings web page so as to add to the desktop, and press the Create Shortcuts button.
You may also pin Winaero Tweaker’s Settings web page desktop shortcuts to the taskbar or Begin menu. Proper-click a Settings web page desktop shortcut added with Winaero Tweaker and choose Present extra choices. The basic context menu contains Pin to taskbar and Begin menu choices you may choose.
Entry Choices Extra Rapidly With Settings Web page Shortcuts
Settings web page shortcuts will present way more direct entry to choices once you want them. Including shortcuts to the desktop with their URLs or by way of Winaero Tweaker will allow you to open settings by urgent hotkeys for them.
In case you want to not litter your desktop, you may add numerous new Settings web page choices to the context menu as an alternative. Both method, you’ll be capable to open Settings pages faster in Home windows 11.
The brand new Settings menu in Home windows 11 is leagues higher than its older brother on Home windows 10. This is why…
About The Creator