by Analytics Insight
February 28, 2022
Here is a handy guide to help you choose the best data science courses & programs in 2022
In the world of data mining and analyzing data for business growth, data science is a hot topic of discussion among professionals and organizations. Data can be an asset to an organization if it’s processed efficiently and effectively. For the most part, Data Science involves analyzing data in the context of its origin, meaning, and its ability to be transformed into valuable information for business strategies. It involves combining domain expertise, programming skills, mathematical/ statistical knowledge, along with scientific techniques, algorithms, and procedures, to find insights from massive amounts of data. It applies to all spheres of industry, be it healthcare, retail, finance, or education. Organisations use data science to increase sales, optimise supply chain networks, streamline manufacturing, and much more. Globally, there is a huge demand for data scientists who can derive actionable insights from big data to empower organisations.
So, are you ready to be a part of this dynamic field? This year, jumpstart your career to new heights by becoming a data scientist. All you need to do is choose the right course and kickstart your journey as a data scientist, who can then empower big tech companies in making decisions that matter. But there are so many options; how do you make that choice? To help you, this is a handy guide to help you choose the best data science course & programs in 2022 as per your requirements and expertise.
The 8 Best Data Science courses and programs to enroll in 2022:
As we developed a list of the best data science courses for 2022, we evaluated a number of factors including:
- Syllabus Covered: In preparing the list, we considered the breadth and depth of the syllabus, as well as the extent to which the content was curated based on expertise.
- Course Fee: Each course is ranked according to its features and associated fee, in order for you to get the best value for your money.
- Course Duration: We evaluated the course durations and the content covered in each course.
- Course highlights & outcomes: We have also provided course outcomes and other highlights, such as hands-on projects, career and placement support, that will help students prepare to enter the job market.
Below is a list of top data science courses ranked from 1 to 8 according to their curriculum, real-world exposure, hands-on projects, value for money, and student support.
Course Syllabus: This is one of the best online data science courses out there, that is designed to cater to all students belonging to different expertise: beginners, intermediates, and advanced. This has been made possible as they have different tracks and different course duration for different expertise. This comprehensive course covers all aspects of data science, from the basics of programming to intermediate programming topics (OOPs, array techniques, recursion, etc.) to ML Engineering and Advanced Programming topics (Deep learning, DB and System design, Predictive modeling etc.). Students get real-industry experience by working on projects with top companies. With this course, you’ll learn how to solve some of the most challenging problems in Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Industry-vetted curriculum
- Scaler’s Data Science program is based on insights from industry advisors at 50 top tech companies.
- Dedicated career support, 1:1 mentorship program and an astounding 20K+ strong student community
- Access to 600+ placement partners
- Affordable financing and scholarships
- Free trial with 14-day moneyback guarantee
- Start from the ground-up without any prior knowledge (for beginners)
- Intermediates & Expert students can also enroll in this course, thanks to different tracks
Course duration: 11–13 months.
Course fees: Rs. 2.5 lakh including GST, 100% refund if you decide to withdraw within two weeks (EMI options available)
• Advanced Program in Data Science by IIM Calcutta
Course Syllabus: It covers the gamut of Data Science, from the basics of Data Science to Deep Learning, IoT (Internet of Things), and more. Students get to work with software like Python, Tableau, Arena, and so on. Along with lectures, students get exposure to case studies and corporate examples.
- This course is comparatively on the costlier end and is taught by IIM (Calcutta) faculty
- Hands-on training with data science software
- Comprehensive projects of the students’ choice or organization-based specialised projects in marketing, operations, and finance
- Two campus visits
- Ideal for managers with 3+ years of experience in handling data
Course duration: 1 year
Course fees: Rs. 4 lakhs, excluding GST and Rs 4,800 as campus fees
• Post Graduate Program in Data Science by Praxis Business School
Course Syllabus: From technological skills to statistical modelling and analytical skills, students learn everything about Data Science. Extensive lab work with R, Python, and other data science tools that prepare students to apply their skills in the business world.
- 550+ hours of studies
- Hands-on lab work, projects, and assignments
- Capstone project to resolve real business problems judged by industry experts
- Membership to an extensive alumni network
- Campus placement and scholarships
Course duration: 9 months dual learning
Course fees: Rs. 6 lakhs
• Data Science MicroMasters by edX
Course Syllabus: Theory and application are seamlessly woven together in this course. Students learn how to analyze, visualize, and manipulate complex data sets using various Python tools. Furthermore, how statistical and probabilistic approaches can help you analyze data, and how machine learning influences modeling and decision-making are covered in the course.
- Analyze noisy data to draw reliable conclusions
- 4-course series in 10 months
- Experts from UCSanDiegoX and peers around the world
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge at your own pace
Course duration: 10 months (9-11 hours per week)
Course fees: Rs. 94,196 (for full program access)
• Data Science with R and Python by Coding Elements
Course Syllabus: Get a strong foundation in Data Science, and learn about processes, algorithms, and methods to extract insights from data. Students learn data analysis, Web and API, ML and Algorithms, R Basics and Logic, and more. You must complete two projects to display your skills and learning.
- Uncover hidden patterns in data with statistical models using Python and R
- Four-year online access
- Suitable for beginners and students from diverse study streams
- Placement assistance
- Free trials, discounts, and scholarships are available
Course duration: 24 pre-recorded classes, with 4 years access
Course fees: Rs. 15,000
• Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp by Udemy
Course Syllabus: From programming with Python to Natural Language Processing, this program covers it all. Students learn to use Python to analyse data and create visualisations, as well as use ML algorithms.
- In-depth training in Python
- 165 video lectures
- Exercises on all topics plus their solutions are provided
- Top-rated course on Udemy
- Discount available
Course duration: 25 hours (approx.), with lifetime access
Course fees: Rs. 700
• Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science by Jigsaw Academy
Course Syllabus: Master skills such as big data techniques, data manipulation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analysis. This program has an array of industry discussions, case studies, industry projects, and assignments to prepare students for their future jobs. Students get a choice of electives and will work on a capstone project or complete a 3-month company internship.
- Hands-on experience with data science tools
- Residential program
- Company internship or capstone project
- Guaranteed placement
- Certification by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)
Course duration: 11 months
Course fees: Rs. 4.95 lakh + GST
- Hands-on lab work, projects, and assignments
- Complete lifetime access
- Accessible on mobile and TV
Course duration: 17.5 hours (approx.), with lifetime access
Course fees: Rs. 700
The bottom line
We live in a data-driven world, and organisations are waking up to the power of data. Tech giants like Amazon, Twitter, Netflix for example have used data science to increase their revenues and profits by working on recommendation systems, textual analysis, predictive modelling, etc. And hence, it has become an exciting, evolving, rewarding, and in-demand field.
Courses provided by Scaler and IIM Calcutta cover all the important data science & ML topics in-depth along with providing good hands-on projects to work on, making them solid choices for those aspiring to become expert data scientists. Additionally, these Data science programs offer excellent career and placement support. In contrast, some of the short-duration programs like Udemy, Coding Elements, etc., may not satisfy all students’ needs, but they do provide a good understanding of certain topics in detail, which can help those who wish to cover only specific topics quickly.
Ultimately, it is your call. Invest in the right data science program as per your requirements and current expertise to make your future bright and better.