by Analytics Insight
February 27, 2022
Robotics applications are providing fruitful outcomes to farmers in the agricultural sector
Being one of the key sectors of a country, the agricultural sector is encouraging the hi-tech industry to introduce different modern applications through major disruptive technologies with the combination of robotics and artificial intelligence. Farmers are reaping the benefits of these following robotics applications in the global agricultural sector to drive revenue and accelerate the productivity of different high-quality crops through multiple kinds of robots.
Top robotics applications in the global agricultural sector
- Nursery Planting: Nursery plants are sold to consumers and gardeners, but they are also the beginning of the food journey for some crops. Tech companies provide automation solutions for seeding, potting, and warehousing living plants in greenhouses.
- Crop Seeding: Autonomous precision seeding combines robotics with geomapping. A map shows the soil properties at every point in the field. The tractor, with robotic seeding attachment, then places the seeds at precise locations and depths so that each has the best chance of growing.
- Crop Monitoring and Analysis: New sensor and geomapping technologies allow farmers to get a higher level of information about their crops. Ground robots provide a way to collect this information autonomously.
- Fertilizing and Irrigation: Robot-Assisted Precision Irrigation can reduce wasted water by targeting specific plants. Ground robots navigate between rows of crops and pour water directly at the base of each plant. Robots also have an advantage as they can access areas where other machines cannot.
- Crop Weeding and Spraying: The concept of micro-spraying could significantly reduce the amount of herbicide used in crop growing. Micro-spraying robots use computer vision technology to detect weeds and then spray a targeted drop of herbicide onto them.
Multiple tech companies have identified the agricultural sector to introduce farming-special technologies to bridge the gap between productivity and earnings of farmers. Robotics applications are transforming the agricultural sector in recent years and will advance these processes in the tech-driven future.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author