You might be using Snapchat to send pictures or videos to your friends and maintain Snapstreaks, but did you know that you can also play games on Snapchat? As of January 2022, Snapchat has almost 50 games you can play with your friends and loved ones right from within a chat window. So in this article, we will walk you through the steps for how to play games on Snapchat.
Play Games on Snapchat: A Definitive Guide (2022)
What are Snapchat Games and Minis?
In an attempt to keep its core audience, teens and millennials, hinged to its messaging app, Snapchat introduced Snap Games back in April 2019. This is Snapchat’s gaming platform that enables you to play games with friends effortlessly, without ever leaving the app or the chat window, for that matter.
And well, the tiny rocket icon that lets you access multiplayer-based HTML5 games on Snapchat has already worked its magic. As per the company’s last report, over 200 million have played Snap Games and used Snap Minis (more on this below) over the past two years. The Snap Games platform saw over 30 million users play games with friends every month, as per data from May 2021.
The best part about Snapchat Games is that it is accessible on Android and iOS devices without the need to download another app and for free. You can find interesting games such as Bitmoji Party (sees you challenge your friends to fun mini-games), Crazy Run by Gismart (race against your friends’ Bitmoji avatars), and Ready, Chef, Go! by Mojiworks (lets you run a virtual restaurant and serve customers with your friends), among many others. You can find the full list of Snap Games attached below in this article.
Snap Minis, on the other hand, are bite-sized applications from third-party developers that are accessible within Snapchat. They were introduced in mid-2020 to let you coordinate your schedule, meditate (via Headspace Mini), and learn with friends using the Tembo flashcards Mini within the messaging app. Snap Minis are also HTML5-based web apps, accessible from the “rocket” icon in chat windows on Snapchat.
Now that you know what Snapchat Games and Mini are, let’s take a look at how you can invite friends and play games with them:
How to Play Snapchat Games with Friends
1. Open the Snapchat app and press the “Chat” option from the bottom navigation bar to access your chat list. Alternatively, you can choose to swipe right from the camera viewfinder to view all your conversations. Once the chat list appears, open the chat window of the friend with whom you want to play the game.
2. Within the chat window, press the rocket icon present at the bottom-right corner of the screen to view all available Snapchat games. From this page, you can pick a game or mini that interests you.
3. Once the game opens, you can choose to play alone or with friends. When you are playing with a friend, you can use the text box at the bottom to send messages and the microphone icon to voice chat. Snapchat has crafted a beautiful and immersive experience here, which doesn’t let you leave friends behind while playing games.
Play Snapchat Games in Single Player Mode without Friends
If your friends are busy and you wish to kill time, you can choose to play these Snap games in single-player mode. Here’s how:
1. Open Snapchat and press the “Search” icon at the top-left corner. You will now see the “Games & Minis” section under the search box. All you have to do now is tap on the game of your choice to start playing it.
How to Invite Friends to Play Snapchat Games
1. You can choose to invite your friend again in case they were away when you launched the game. To do so, tap the hamburger menu at the bottom-right corner and tap on “Ring” next to their name from the pop-up menu.
2. Snapchat will now alert your friend that you are waiting to play a game with them. The other person can choose to join in by tapping the “Join” button at the bottom-right corner of the chat window.
List of All Snapchat Games Available Right Now (January 2022)
As of writing this article, these are all the games you can play on Snapchat:
- Om Nom Run
- Color Galaxy
- Trivia Party
- Animal Restaurant
- TableTop Kingdom
- Ready Chef Go!
- Chess Quest
- Ludo Club
- Let’s Go Hoops
- Word Blitz
- Bitmoji Tennis
- Crazy Run
- Friends Quest
- Snake Squad
- Color Together
- Ready Set Golf
- Fashion Icon
- Cube Surfer
- Pair Up
- Let’s Doodle
- Bitmoji Party
- Crazy Sales Rush
- Squad Goals
- Zombie Rescue Squad
- Tiny Royale
- Sling Racers
- Sugar Slam
- Bitmoji Paint
- Alphabear Hustle
- Slide the Shakes
- Hex FRVR
- Snow Time
- Crowd City
- Island Jump
- Swipe Out
- Flip The Egg
- Pizza Cat
- Subway Surfers Airtime
- Find my Bitmoji
- Storm Skaters
Play Games with Friends on Snapchat
If you are someone who likes playing lightweight games with friends, you are likely to find Snapchat games useful. Meanwhile, we are also curating a list of the best Snapchat games you can try out with your Snapchat friends, so stay tuned for that. Until then, test out Snapchat games and tell us your favorite game in the comments.