In October of 2020, Snapchat followed in the footsteps of Instagram and finally added the option to let users add music to their Snaps and Stories. Initially limited to iPhones, Snapchat eventually brought this nifty feature to its Android app. So if you are someone who is new to Snapchat, read on to learn how you can easily add music to your Snapchat Story.
Add Music to Snapchat (2022)
Add Music to Snapchat Stories from In-App Audio Library
1. Open Snapchat and press the musical note icon from the right sidebar of the camera viewfinder. When the Snapchat sound page appears, you can pick a music title from the “Featured” section or search for the music you are looking for using the search box.
2. After picking the music, you will see the adjustable slider to choose the exact portion you would like to use in your Snap. Once done, place the music widget anywhere in the image and press “Send” to share the Snap with friends or hit the “Story” button to add your photo or video to the Snapchat Story.
How to Create and Use Your Own Sound on Snapchat
Now, if the music you wish to use is not available in the in-app audio library, you also have the option to use your own sounds on Snapchat. To do that, you need to record the audio and create the sound you want to use in Stories. We have explained the process in detail right here, so follow the steps below:
1. First, tap on the musical note icon from the right sidebar and switch to the “My Sounds” section. Here, tap “Create Sound” to record a new sound to use on Snapchat.
2. Now, record the sound and tap the stop button when you are done. Next, name the sound and press the “Save Sound” button at the bottom of the screen to save it.
3. If you want other Snapchat users to be able to use your recorded sound (or original music), you can choose to make it public. For that, all you have to do is enable the “Make this sound public?” toggle, enter the sound’s name alongside your username, and press the “Save Sound” button.
4. Now, you can come back to the “My Sounds” section anytime to use these sounds in your Snapchat Stories or Snaps.
How to Share Music from Spotify to Snapchat Stories
If you are interested in sharing music from streaming services like Spotify to Snapchat, you can do that too. Follow the steps below to learn how it works:
1. Open Spotify and move to the playback screen. Then, tap the “Share” icon from the bottom-right corner of the screen. When the share sheet opens, select “Snapchat” and wait for the app to redirect you to the messaging app.
2. Once you are redirected to Snapchat, you can choose to send it as a Snap to someone or add the song to your Story. And much like how you can share your favorite music from Spotify in Instagram Stories, that’s all there is to it on Snapchat as well.
Use Music in Snapchat Stories
So, that’s everything you need to know about how to add music to your Snapchat photo/ video messages or Stories. For more such tips, take a look at our article on the best Snapchat tips and tricks. Meanwhile, if you prefer using Instagram instead, go through our article on adding music to Instagram posts and sharing songs to Instagram stories. Also, if you use any reliable third-party apps to include music in Snapchat Stories on your public profile, let us know in the comments below.