Autonomous cars can reshape the future of the automotive industry to a great extent
In this era of technology, AI has created a visible impact on almost every business sector available in this world and the automotive industry is no exception. Autonomous cars or self-driving cars are gradually gaining popularity worldwide. Several semi-autonomous driving systems like lane assist, adaptive cruise control (ACC), electronic stability control (ESC), rear-view video systems (RVS), adaptive highlights, forward collision mitigation (FCM), automatic emergency braking (AEB), and many others are already on the road. Days are not far when we will witness fully autonomous cars moving on the busy roads of our city.
The whole world is looking up to the automakers and tech companies, who can develop this complex technology, which will give power to those driverless cars to drive on their own. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) has predicted that by the end of 2040, these autonomous cars will take over 75% of the vehicles running on the road at present. Waymo, a subsidiary of Google, has already driven its autonomous cars for over 10 million miles, amid challenging conditions. Traditional automakers have always been sheepish towards developing a fully-featured electric car. Thus, start-ups like Tesla Motors (TSLA) came forward to innovate the automotive industry for a better future.
Contribution of AI in Automotive Industry
AI has created a visible impact on the automotive industry as well.
- Manufacturing: Manufacturing involves designing and further proceeds through the supply chain, production, and post-production. Manufacturers also use AI-enabled systems for volume and demand forecasting and automated supply chain management decisions. AI helps to design both the autonomous cars and the equipment and robots, which are used to build these driverless For instance, AI-powered wearable exoskeletons are worn by the designers to develop better safety and comfort in cars.
- Transportation: With the arrival of AI in the automotive industry, transportation has become safer like never before. AI has successfully developed driver assist programs, autonomous driving, driver risk assessments, and driver monitoring programs. These innovative facilities will remain pre-installed in these amazing autonomous cars.
What-If Autonomous Cars Run on The Roads in 2022?
Witnessing autonomous cars running on the busy roads of a city is like a dream-come-true situation for every human being living on this planet. Every human being will prefer to ride in self-driving cars because:
- Experience Little to No Accidents: Autonomous cars are one of the safest modes of transportation. The chances of facing an accident are very low, even when it comes to drunk driving. It’s one of the best options for accident-prone countries like The United States of America, where the rate of accidents is highest.
- A Big No to Car Ownership: As autonomous cars are gradually taking over the automotive industry, the need for car ownership has started to decline. The driverless cars will run as shared vehicles. Thus, there will be fewer traffic issues and more parking spaces.
- Autonomous Cars to Deliver Packages: Autonomous cars are also designed to deliver packages and food in the near future. Start-ups like Nuro, Gatik, and TuSimple have started making deliveries for customers like Walmart and UPS and are planning to launch driverless semi-trucks of passenger vehicles.
- Commotion-Free Traffic Tickets: Autonomous cars are designed to avoid traffic tickets as well. Millions of traffic tickets worth US$ 150 are issued every year. Thus, these self-driving cars can hamper the income of cities and states to a great extent.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author