The Home windows Registry is a big database of configuration settings to your working system and all of the software program on it. You possibly can edit that database with the Registry Editor device that comes pre-installed with Home windows. The app permits you to navigate the registry and edit its keys.
As such, you possibly can customise Home windows 11 in every kind of how with the Registry Editor. It’s not advisable to fiddle with the registry willy-nilly, but when what you are doing, you are able to do some actually fascinating issues. Let’s discover learn how to open the Registry Editor on Home windows 11.
1. Open the Registry Editor With Home windows 11’s Search Field
Home windows 11’s search field additionally acts as an awesome app launcher. With this utility, yow will discover and launch most built-in Home windows instruments and third-party software program put in in your PC. That is learn how to open Registry Editor with that search utility in three easy steps.
- To launch the search device, click on the magnifying glass button that’s on Home windows 11’s taskbar.
- Kind Registry Editor inside the search textual content field to seek out the app.
- Then click on Registry Editor’s Run as administrator possibility inside the search device.
2. Open the Registry Editor With Run
The Run accent permits customers to open Home windows apps by coming into textual content instructions for them. So, Run offers one other fast and straightforward method to open Registry Editor. These are the three steps for opening Registry Editor with Run.
- To rapidly open Run, press the Win + R keys concurrently.
- Kind regedit into Run’s Open textual content field.
- Then click on the OK button. Or you possibly can press the Enter key as a substitute.
- You may as well open Registry Editor, and different apps, with elevated permissions by urgent the Ctrl + Shift + Enter key after coming into their Run instructions.
3. Open the Registry Editor From the Management Panel
Home windows 11’s Management Panel has a Home windows Instruments applet inside. The applet consists of quite a few system instruments, one in every of which is the Registry Editor. You possibly can open Registry Editor from Home windows Instruments as follows:
- Press the Win + S keys on the identical time.
- Enter the key phrase Management Panel within the search field.
- Click on Management Panel to open it.
- Choose Class on the View by menu.
- Click on the System and Safety class.
- Then choose the Home windows Instruments applet to open it.
- Proper-click Registry Editor in Home windows Instruments and choose Run as administrator.
4. Open the Registry Editor From the Job Supervisor
Job Supervisor features a Run new activity possibility with which you’ll be able to open quite a few instruments. Deciding on that possibility brings up a Create new activity window, which is analogous to Run. That is how one can choose Job Supervisor’s Run new activity choice to launch Registry Editor.
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete hotkey.
- Choose the Job Supervisor possibility.
- Then click on File > Run new activity in Job Supervisor.
- Enter regedit in Create new activity’s Open field.
- Choose the Create this activity with administrative privileges checkbox.
- Click on OK to launch Registry Editor.
5. Open the Registry Editor With Home windows Terminal
The regedit Run command will even work within the Command Immediate and Powershell. You possibly can make the most of each Command Immediate and PowerShell inside Home windows Terminal. So, Home windows Terminal offers one other method to launch Registry Editor.
- Press Win + X to convey up a Energy Consumer menu.
- Choose Home windows Terminal (Admin) on that menu.
- Click on the Open a brand new tab button to decide on both Home windows PowerShell or Command Immediate.
- Kind regedit within the Command Immediate or PowerShell, and press the Enter key.
You possibly can add a Registry Editor shortcut to the desktop’s right-click context menu. If you do, you possibly can open Registry Editor by right-clicking an area on the desktop and deciding on it on the context menu. To take action, nonetheless, you’ll have to edit the registry with that app like this.
- Open the Registry Editor with any of the strategies right here.
- Navigate to the Laptop > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Listing > Background > shell key path inside the Registry Editor.
- Proper-click the shell key and choose New.
- Click on the Key possibility.
- Enter Registry Editor to be the brand new key’s title
- Proper-click the Registry Editor key and choose New > Key.
- Kind in command when naming the important thing.
- Choose the brand new command key.
- Double-click the command key’s (Default) string on the precise aspect of the Registry Editor.
- Kind “C:Windowsregedit.exe” within the Worth knowledge field as proven straight under.
- Click on OK to use the brand new worth.
Proper-click the desktop and choose Present extra choices. Then you possibly can choose Registry Key on the basic context menu to open it every time wanted. Should you ever wish to take away that context menu shortcut, right-click the Registry Editor key and choose Delete.
7. Open Registry Editor With a Desktop Shortcut
Establishing a desktop shortcut for the Registry Editor is one other method to make that app extra accessible. You possibly can add a Registry Editor shortcut to the desktop with Create Shortcut in a couple of minute. Simply comply with these fast steps to take action.
- Proper-click a desktop space and choose the New > Shortcut choices.
- Kind regedit within the merchandise location textual content field proven straight under.
- Click on the Subsequent button, and enter Registry Editor inside the title field.
- Choose End so as to add the desktop shortcut.
- Now you possibly can double-click the Registry Editor desktop shortcut to open that app. Alternatively, right-click that shortcut and choose Run as administrator.
If you’ve added a Registry Editor icon to the desktop, you possibly can flip that shortcut right into a taskbar or Begin menu one. To take action, right-click the Registry Editor icon and choose Present extra choices. The basic context menu consists of Pin to Begin and Pin to taskbar choices. Choose a type of choices so as to add a Begin menu or taskbar shortcut for the app.
8. Open Registry Editor With a Hotkey
Hotkeys are maybe essentially the most handy shortcuts of all. Should you arrange a Registry Editor desktop shortcut, you possibly can add a hotkey to it. Then you definitely’ll be capable of open Registry Editor with a Ctrl + Alt key combo.
- First, add a Registry Editor shortcut to the desktop as coated inside the seventh methodology.
- Proper-click the Registry Editor desktop icon and choose the Properties context menu possibility.
- Left-click contained in the Shortcut key field to put a textual content cursor there.
- Press the R key.
- Choose Apply and click on OK to save lots of the keyboard shortcut.
Now press the Ctrl + Alt + R key mixture to convey up the Registry Editor. That hotkey will all the time work as long as you don’t delete the Registry Editor desktop shortcut you assigned it to.
Customise Home windows 11 With the Registry Editor
So, there are many other ways you possibly can open the Registry Editor in Home windows 11. You possibly can open it with Run, Management Panel, the search device, Home windows Terminal, or Job Supervisor. Alternatively, arrange a context menu, desktop, or keyboard shortcut with which you’ll be able to rapidly open the Registry Editor.
If you open the Registry Editor, you possibly can customise Home windows 11 in some ways by including new keys and enhancing current ones. Nevertheless, you should be cautious when enhancing the registry. Solely apply secure registry tweaks laid out in MUO guides and different sources.
If it’s essential edit the Home windows registry, making just a few fast adjustments is straightforward. Let’s discover ways to work with the registry.
About The Creator